For more information please see our Infographic.
Goals and Action Items
Foster best practices in information and communications technology management among Canadian universities by:
- Ensuring CANHEIT continues as the annual conference for higher education IT in Canada.
- Supporting member engagement through face-to-face meetings, the provision of a members-only website, special interest groups and a formal communications plan.
- Commissioning white papers on subjects of shared interest or concern to members.
- Raising the profile of IT as an essential component of teaching, learning, research and administration at our universities.
- Supporting the collection of benchmarking data and associated reporting tools for use by members.
Build and sustain relationships with governments, government agencies, corporations and other groups of interest to higher education in order to advance the shared interests of Canadian universities by:
- Identifying and engaging with agencies with similar or complementary goals and objectives to CUCCIO, nationally and internationally.
- Identifying and seeking to influence key agencies or organizations responsible for shaping the future of digital infrastructure for research, education and innovation in Canada
Identify programs and services to support leadership development for IT Staff in Canadian Universities by:
- Defining and delivering a professional development program aimed at building the community of future IT leaders in higher education
- Investigating the potential development and delivery of a mentoring program to support those leaders.
- Developing and delivering workshops and other events to improve the leadership and management skills for all staff.
Advance sector-wide collaborative efforts and shared services by:
- Working with vendors to deliver value to the members through strategic relationships and leveraging our collective influence
- Identifying and pursuing other potential opportunities to promote and advance sector-wide services.